Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Delight in Life Birthday

I found Jenny's Stamping Moments blog a week or two ago and after browsing through her entire blog and seeing MANY projects that I admired, I added her to my Google Reader. One project I bookmarked was this one because she showed how she added strips of colour to white grosgrain ribbon using SU markers. I still haven't tried that, but I did use her card for inspiration this card.

I don't have the Sending Happy Thoughts stamp set, so I pulled out all my floral sets and decided to use Delight in Life. The card was not overly difficult to make, just time consuming because of all the cutting of the flowers and leaves - which are just the petals from the flower coloured green. I didn't know the measurements of Jenny's scalloped circle etc. so I ended up guessing. If I was going to make this card again, I would make the scalloped circle 3" and the Pretty in Pink circle and the cut out on the front 2 1/2".

My trial version of Cricut Design Studio was useful for cutting out the circle on the front as I could make sure I got the placement just right as I could see where it was going to cut before I actually cut it.

Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Lavender Lace, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
SU Ink - Orchid Opulence for Sentiment
SU Stamps - Delight in Life, Warmest Regards
Accessories - Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon from Wal-Mart, SU White Organdy Ribbon, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Cricut (George and Mini-Monograms cartridges), Cricut Design Studio, Pretty in Pink brad from
Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts

Measurements
Card Base - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Whisper White - 4 x 5 1/4
Scalloped Circle - 3 1/2" Real Dial size from Mini Monograms cartridgePretty in Pink Circle and front circle cut out - 3" Real Dial size

0 comments: