Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Frame

I used Julie's card for inspiration for my daughter's Valentine's Day card.  I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software to create the frame.  I was thinking of using my Nesties, but the SCAL software made it easy to make sure the two rectangles were perfectly centered.  I just centered both rectangles to the mat both vertically and horizontally.  I also cut the scalloped border using the Stack of Borders Scallops form My Scrap Chick   One problem I had was that on SCAL the scalloped border was set to be 5.25". but it cut out smaller than that.  To get it to be 5.25" long, I needed to cut it at 5.37".  I would like to find a border with smaller scallops, but I didn't have time to look today.  Can anyone point me towards one?

Thanks for looking,
Kim

ETA - If you look closely at the black mat around the DSP frame, you'll see that the corners have a tiny ticket corner punch.  This was because I tried to ticket punch the Rose Red piece and it caught a smidgen of the black.  I didn't like the ticket corner punch look for this card, so I replaced that piece of Rose Red.
SU Card Stock - Basic Black, Rose Red, Whisper White
SU Designer Paper - Rose Red
Ink - VersaFine - Onyx Black
PTI Stamp - Signature Greetings
Accessories - Offray White Satin Ribbon from Wal-Mart; Stack of Border Scallops from myscrapchick.com

0 comments: