Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snowflake Ornament



I made this card for my nephew. Every year we renew his magazine subscription to Golf Digest for Christmas. I wanted to make him something special to write a the note telling him that we had renewed it again. I'll get my sister-in-law to hand it on the tree on Christmas Eve.


I didn't get a great picture of the card. We haven't had a lot of sunny days and since I seem to be at work from sunrise to sunset, natural light alludes me.


My inspiration came from Gretchen. I don't have the SU Rub Ons, but I do have a large snowflake stamp that my sister-in-law gave to me after she gave up stamping. My Cricut and Cricut Design Studio came in handy for cutting this card out. Once I got all the measurements figured out, it was quite easy to make. The silver scallop is 5 1\2". The white ring is 5". I used the Cricut Design Studio to cut a 4" circle out of the middle thinking I would save some of the paper. But then I needed another 4 1/2" navy circle to cover the ring on the inside of the card so that was a waste of time!

You write on the scalloped edged white circle of the card. I scored the hanger so the card opens easily. (You can slightly see the score lines in the first picture.) I used a 1 1/2" tag cut using the Cricut George cartridge to make the hanger.



Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Night of Navy, Brushed Silver, Shimmery White, Whisper White (inside of card)
Ink - Versamark
Stamps - Large Snowflake was handed down to me from my sister-in-law
Accessories - Night of Navy 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, white organdy ribbon, silver cord, Cricut, Cricut Design Studio, silver embossing powder

0 comments: