Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Carousel Daisies

I love, love, LOVE this card that my friend, Erin made using a Carousel Note and the Daisies #2 Bigz Dies. She also used a Jumbo Brad and some rub-ons. Isn't it a cute card? Thank you, Erin! (Let me know when your blog is running and I'll link it here! :) )




I just had to see if I could use my trusty Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software to create this card as I don't have Carousel Notes or the daisy die. I found out that the software will not let me cut a scalloped circle quite as big as the Carousel Note. I had to settle for a 5.25" one. I was able to cut the daisies, but because my base was smaller, I should have made my daisies smaller too so I could put a sentiment below the flower. Instead I improvised and put my flower to the left. While I like the look of the card, the problem is that it tips to the left when you set it down. (I cheated and taped it to the table when I was taking the picture! I didn't have any jumbo brads so I used my Cuttlebug Build-A-Flower in my Big Shot to make the embossed center of the flower.

Check back later to see my masculine card I made using the SU Branch Out set.

Thanks for looking,
Kim
SU Card Stock - Kiwi Kiss Textured C/S, Tangerine Tango Textured C/S, Very Vanilla
Ink - Versa Fine Black Onyx
SU Stamps - Short & Sweet
Accessories - Cricut, Sure Cuts A Lot, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot, Build-A-Flower

0 comments: