Friday, January 01, 2010

Whimsical Winter Blue Bird

Oh, my goodness! This little bird's feathers and feet were a bit of a challenge to cut out. I had to shrink him down from his original size to get him to fit on a card, which made his tail and head feathers as well as feet quite tiny. I ended up widening his legs to make them easier to glue. His head feathers don't look quite the same as the file I bought from myscrapchick.com. I lost one of the swirls on his head when I cut it out so I ended up using some swirls from the first tail I cut out. The first time I cut the tail, it had a few rips because my Cricut blade wasn't deep enough.

One thing that makes this project a little easier to deal with is my new glue pen - Quickie glue. It works just like a ball point pen, drawing a very fine line of glue.
Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Pacific Point Textured, More Mustard
SU Designer Paper - Pacific Point
Ink - VersaFine - Onyx Black
SU Stamps - Short & Sweet
Accessories - Cricut,
Sure Cuts A Lot software, Whimsical Winter SVG file, Basic Black SU Marker

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He's adorable!!! Thanks for the tip on the glue pen, I am always struggling on how to do really thin pieces too! Happy New Year! Love your blog!

http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com/

Paper Yoga said...

All of your cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing about the myscrapchick site - it looks like they have some very nice offerings.

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

I love this birdie! So cute! What a great site!