Friday, August 27, 2010

Recipe Binder

My daughter has moved out and is struggling a little with cooking.  I created this simple recipe binder for her using my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software.  I used the Porky font which I picked up free from the Internet many years ago. The chef's hat is a free svg file that I picked up off of Beth's blog

First I cut out the image in black.  Then in Photoshop Elements,  I opened the jpg included in the file and filled the shape in with black.  I then used SCAL to trace the image so I could cut out the white part.  I made it slightly smaller than the black outline so the white wouldn't show on the edge of the black.

My plan is to make my daughter a favourite casserole of hers each week and take a serving over to her along with the recipe and the ingredients she most likely doesn't have... like spices!  I had forgotten all the little things that you need when you first move out!

Thanks for looking,
Kim

Card Stock - Costco - which I don't like because it is flimsy, but it works great for a project like this!

0 comments: