Sunday, July 27, 2008

Another Ladybug Thank You

Here's the second card I've made for my mom's set of ladybug thank you notes. I made the circles and the scalloped circle with my Cricut, but you could do it with punches or Nestablities too.
The red circle is 2 1/2". The black scallop is 2" (Make sure you press Real Dial!). The center circle is 1 1/2 inch. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get my "thank you" and the ladybug in the right spot. Because both of the stamps I used, have other parts to them, I placed tape over the part of my stamp that I didn't want to use, then inked it, peeled off the tape and stamped.

I used StazOn ink and then coloured my ladybug using ink squished on the plastic part of the Stamp-a-ma-jig and a blender pen. I think the blender pens are great for someone like me who doesn't make a ton of cards (yet). It allows me to have markers in any colour that I have ink for without the expense of buying a set of markers. I'm always looking for ways to stretch my stamping budget!

The white dots on the black scallop were made using a Gelly Roll white pen. I purchased the one from Stamping Up and it did not work for very long. The Gelly Roll one has been great. I got it at my local scrapbooking/stamp store.

Thanks for checking out my card!
Kim

SU Cardstock - Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink - Black StazOn, SU Real Red
Accessories - Cricut, White Gelly Roll Pen, Blender Pen, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, stampin Dimensionals

0 comments: