Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Cricut Monkey


I created this card using the George cartridge for my Cricut. The idea came from Leelee. Here is my second attempt. Not much changed - just the base colour and the sentiment!


5 1/2" x 11" Base scored and folded at 5 1/2"
- 1st Card - Costco Card Stock
- 2nd Card - Night of Navy SU Card Stock
5" Square Designer Paper - A Day at the Beach - Beach party
Monkey Head - 2 1/2" Circle (Cricut George Cartridge) Chocolate Chip SU Card Stock
Monkey "Muzzle" - 2 1/2" Shadow Oval 1 (Cricut George Cartridge) Chocolate Chip SU Card Stock
- 2 1/2 Oval 1 Tan Costco Card Stock
- Chocolate Chip Stampin Pastels brushed on edges tan muzzle
Monkey Ears - 1" Shadow Circle (Cricut George Cartridge) Chocolate Chip SU Card Stock
- 3/4" Circle (Punch) Tan Costco Card Stock
Googley Eyes
Marker for nostrils and mouth
Sentiments - $1 Stamps from Michaels, Slit Punch and Pewter Brads

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable. Thank you for posting it. I used your idea and directions to make invitations for my daughter's birthday party.

Just A Pac Rat said...

I just got my new cricut and gypsy and was googling for some card ideas with the 3 cartridges it came with. I came across this wonderful card and it looked simple enough for my first try and I have the George. It turned out adorable! Thank you very much for the directions on how to make it. I was able to make 12 of them for Operation Write Home!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, too, for sharing this! I've just purchased a cricut expression for my adult daughter who has mild developmental disabilities. I was looking for simpler card designs JUST LIKE THIS for her to work with. This is terrific!