Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A Different Destination


This card was inspired by Silke's card. If you checked out Silke's card you are probably saying, "WHAT?!!" Well, my card looks the way it does because this creative process thing is very much a journey...

I started out creating a card very similar to Silke's layout, but I got sidetracked when I went looking for DP to use for the base. When I put one of the flowers on the scalloped square next to "Together" from the Petals and Paisley (Spring '07) DP I just knew I had to to do something with it. So the parts to the original card are scattered on my table and this is the card I created. I'll use it for my niece's wedding anniversary on the 22nd, but the card I set out to create today is needed for my daughter's 16th birthday on Sunday! Well, at least I have a start on it!

What did I learn on this particular journey? Besides the fact that a simple card can take a l-o-n-g time to make if you keep changing your direction, I learned the Cricut scalloped square is not 2 1/2" if you don't use the Real Dial size button... it took me three cuts to get the right size square. I've kept the cutouts to put my Cricut binder so hopefully I'll look and remember for the next time!

Kim

SU Cardstock - Tempting Turquoise (8 1/2" x 9" scored at 4 1\2"), Rose Red (Cricut 2 1/2" NOT Real Dial Size Scalloped Square from Mini Monograms), Whisper White ( 1 3/4" Square)
SU Paper - Petals and Paisley (Spring '07) DP
SU Ink - Chocolate Chip and Rose Red
SU Stamps - Delight in Life
Accessories - Corner Rounder Punch, Dimensionals and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

0 comments: