Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tickled Pink


There are so many great blogs out there with so many awesome ideas! This card idea is from Angie's Chic 'N Scratch blog. I love the zebra she used from Zoofari... I may have to get this set - hopefully it isn't retiring! She also has a video tutorial of it over at her other blog site, Stampin Academy. I really like her style and both of her blogs are on my Reader.

I used VersaMark to create a background on my cardstock on the front. A thin black marker was used to create the doodles around the window. The cute little piggie was coloured using the Aquapainter and ink on the ink lid.

I used my Cricut and the Cricut Design Studio to make the window. I drew my cardbase first and then placed rounded 1 1/4" (George Cartridge) where I wanted it on the cardstock rectangle, then erased my cardstock rectangle as I didn't need the Cricut to cut it. I'm really beginning to enjoy using my Cricut and am finding more uses for it.
I don't have any black gingham ribbon, which I think would finish this card off nicely. I placed my order for some yesterday!

Kim

SU Cardstock - Whisper White, Positively Pink (Retired)
SU Ink - SU Basic Black, Staz-On Black, SU Positively Pink,VersaMark
SU Stamps - Very Punny, Background Basics, Greetings Galore
Aquapainter, Black Marker

0 comments: