Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Peace & Love


The idea for these two cards came from here. I made the one on the left first and then decided that I wanted to have the sentiment closer to the edge... .and then I decided to change the sentiment font. I printed the font on the computer using this handy resource to set the ink colour to Not Quite Navy.

I created the trees by cutting a rectangles from my Designer Paper that were 2" x 2 3/4" and 2 1/4" x 1 1/2". I marked the center of the top edge on the back of the paper and then cut from both bottom corners to the to the mark at the top to form a triangle. I found it easier to cut the shimmery white base of the triangle first rather than glue it on paper and then trying to trim it. The rectangle bases are 2 1/4" x 3" and 2 1/2" 1 3/4".

On the second card, I used a double layer of Stampin Dimensionals on the smaller tree so it would stand out from the larger tree.

Kim

SU Cardstock - Not Quite Navy, Shimmery White, Chocolate Chip
SU Paper - Petals and Paisley DP (Spring '07)
Ink - sentiment printed on the computer using the Not Quite Navy Colour
Accessories - Real Red SU Ribbon, Stampin Dimensionals

1 comments:

Cheryl B. said...

Great cards! I like them better than the original.