Saturday, August 23, 2008

Flower Trio

The idea for this card came from Danniel Linardi's blog. The card is quite simple to make, but as usual, I learned a few things along the way. One, it is easier to punch the hole for the brad in your paper first and then punch out the flower. Two, a glue stick doesn't work very well with paper piercing... the glue oozes out the holes and has to be cleaned up. Thank goodness for Stampin' Up's Adhesive Remover!
I used a plastic canvas circle for my guide. You can find them where you buy needlepoint supplies and they are less than $2 for 10. For the first card, I just put holes around the circle and then glued it on.
This is when I noticed that the glue oozed out. (I ran out of Snail Adhesive so I was making do with what I had.) So for the next card, I glued the circles on and then pierced around the circle... the glue still oozed out when I glued it to my card base. What I did notice is that out you can see the piercings better.
Another trick I uses is I take a lighter and hold the flame close to the ends of my ribbon so they melt and don't fray. I cut the angles of the ribbon two different ways and am trying to decide if I prefer one over the other.

Thanks for looking!

Kim
SU Card Stock - Certainly Celery, Naturals White, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal
Accessories - SU Soft and Subtle Brads - Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, SU Ribbon - 5/8" Certainly Celery, Cricut for 1 1/4" circles, SU Looks Like Spring Flower Punch, Stampin Dimensionals, Mat Pack, Paper-Piercing Tool, Round Plastic Canvas

1 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Kim:

I love this card. I found your blog while looking for wedding invitations on SCS and was so happy I did because you have awesome work. I will visit often, I know.

Janet