Monday, November 03, 2008

What Started as a Sketch Challenge

I've been thinking that I should start participating in some challenges just go move my skills along. So I picked Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge this week (#200!) to try. I looked in the gallery and found a few that I loved. This card by Laura got me thinking...

I'm so excited to have all the designer papers to choose from. Right now my ribbon selection is limited. The only striped ribbon I have is the Red Riding Hood so that narrowed down my paper choices. I'm also waiting for my Earth Elements spots to arrive so I couldn't make a fall card with leaves as I was envisioning. I don't have Red Riding Hood Ink nor a Happy Birthday stamp that would fit in the spot nicely so I printed the sentiment on the computer using the new guide for printer inks that I found here. Hasn't Stephanie done a wonderful job with her chart.I know my card doesn't qualify for the sketch. I made three squares, but they didn't seem to fit the card so I ended up with a nice card, but not what I set out to make. Oh well!

Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Red Riding Hood Textured, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Whisper White
SU Designer Paper - Washington Apple
SU Ink - Bashful Blue
SU Stamp - Holiday Blocks
Accesories - Cricut to cut 1 1/2" scalloped square, 1 1/4" rounded square for So Saffron and 1" square of Whisper White; Corner Rounder for Whisper White Square; 5/8" Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon; Stampin Dimensionals

0 comments: