Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Playing with Christmas Gifts

I finally had a chance to sit down and make a card today using some of my new stamping stuff that I received for Christmas. I coloured the snowmen with my new SU markers. I LOVE these markers! I just coloured today, but I can't wait to try out some other techniques.

I cut the Flaky Friends out using my new oval and scalloped oval Nestabilities. I'm not sure that I like the embossing of the white oval, but it isn't so bad that I felt I should toss it out.

The eyelets are the bonus eyelets my husband (with the help of my mom) got from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts when he ordered 1500 brads for me... I now have brads in every SU regular colour! He also got me 10 yards of ribbon in So Saffron (Buttercup on the website) so I could check out the quality. It's great. What an awesome price for ribbon plus it comes in more colours than what SU offers. I'll definitely be getting more ribbon from them.
The last new thing that I used on this card is my atYou Spica Glitter Pen in Clear. I don't think you can see it very well in the picture, but it is super cool. It's so easy to add a glitter to tiny areas like the stars. My husband also got that from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts . I don't think it is on their website, but if you join their mailing list you'll find out about special orders. They had an awesome deal on Copic markers, but I decided that SU markers were a better investment for me. It's not that I wasn't tempted to join the Copic bandwagon, but I'm practical girl and don't think I'll be colouring enough to justify investing in Copics.

This card is missing something. I'm wondering if there should have been another layer between the Banbury paper and the Close to Cocoa base.

Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Watercolour
SU Designer Paper - Banbury
Ink - Black Staz-On
SU Stamps - Flaky Friends
Accessories - SU Markers (Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Regal Rose, So Saffron), Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities; Chocolate Brads; Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, atYou Spica Glitter Pen (Clear); Ziggy Painter (Silver)

0 comments: