Sunday, February 01, 2009

All in the Family Birthday


While I still had Erin's "All in the Family" stamp set, I decided to make another card. This is for my great niece who won't be two until November! I wish I could say that I had all the other cards that I need between now and then done, but I don't. I saw this card on Splitcoast Stampers and I knew I had to make something similar for Anya. I quite proud of the fact that I didn't copy it as much as I have for other cards.

I really like the VersaFine ink, but it was a poor choice for this project. Because you build the people you really need to use a Stamp-a-ma-jig, but the VersaFine ink needs time to dry so it took a long time to make this card... well longer than my usual long time.

I'm wondering if I should have stuck some patterned paper behind the little girl image. It's too late to take it off now as it is stuck for good!
Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Cool Caribbean (retired), Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Whisper White
SU Designer Paper - Petals and Paisley (Spring 2007)
Ink - VersaFine Black Onyx
Stamps - SU's All in the Family, SU's Family Accessories, Studio G $1 Stamps from Micheal's
Accessories - Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, SU Markers (Blush Blossom, So Saffron, Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Pretty in Pink), Cricut (George)

0 comments: