Friday, January 30, 2009

New Home

I created this card for my cousin who is moving into a condo this weekend. The card featured on page 77 of the Spring-Summer 2009 catalogue was my inspiration. Because they are moving into a condo and not a house, I decided to make my card two stories high.

I don't own the "All in the Family" stamp set so I borrowed it from my friend, Erin. She also lent me her "Family Accessories" which helped me fill in the bottom floor of the building. Thanks Erin! I really think this is such a cute set, but found it quite fiddly to stamp with as you have to stamp the heads, then add a body and then add arms. You definitely need a Stamp-a-ma-jig! Please pass on any hints you have for using this set!

I didn't put a sentiment on the card because I wasn't sure where I could fit it. What do you think? Does it need one?

In the picture, it looks like the Baja Breeze is showing behind the roof, but that is just the back of the card.

Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Baja Breeze Textured C/S, Old Olive, Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White
SU Designer Paper - Chocolate Chip
Ink - StazOn Black
SU Stamps - All in the Family and Family Accessories
Accessories - Stamp-a-ma-jig; 1" punch, gold brad, Cricut and Cricut Design Studio, SU Markers (Ballet Blue, Rose Red, Old Olive, Lovely Lilac, More Mustard, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, So Saffron, Blush Blossom)


Measurements
Card base is - 4 1/2" by 6 1/2"
Window Frames - 1 1/8" with the opening slightly smaller than 1" - used Cricut Design Studio
Door - 1" x 2"

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kim...my bit of advice - especially if you own this set - cut 3 x 4 pieces of window sheets/cardstock vellum/transparencies. Using Staz On ink, make permanent Stamp A Majig sheets and store them in with your stamps. It makes it sooooo fast and easy to use this set - just grab the image, line it up with your SAM and you're good to go. Love this card!!