Monday, February 23, 2009

No Stamping Needed

This card for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law's 29th wedding anniversary is loosely based on the card found on page 177 of the Spring-Summer 2009 Stamping Up Catalogue. I was trying to CASE it more closely, but ran into problems.

I don't have the heart dies to use in my Big Shot so I used my Cricut, which doesn't have the same shape of heart. (A problem I could solve if I had the Sure Cuts A Lot program - maybe when our dollar improves I'll buy it.) I used the trial version of the Cricut Design Studio so I could squish my heart a bit to get it to fit in the spot. I Cuttlebug embossed mine because I didn't have the dots to stamp on it and I felt it needed something. I tried to make a scalloped edge strip with my Cricut, but that didn't look right so I left it off. I originally had left a strip of the Chocolate Chip base showing on the right of the Kiwi Kiss strip, butI had glued the Kiwi Kiss strip on crooked and I couldn't get it off once I realized it was crooked so I chopped it off.

I can't say I'm in love with this card, but it's going in the mail tomorrow anyway... their anniversary is on the 29th and it's all I have!

Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Chocolate Chip, Pink Piroutte Textured; Kiwi Kiss Textured
SU Designer Paper - Chocolate Chip
Accessories - Cricut with George Cartridge; Cricut Design Studio Trial Version; D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Chocolate Chip 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon; Stampin' Dimensionals; Heart Punch

1 comments:

AJ said...

Gorgeous!