Saturday, February 28, 2009

Two Challenges in One Card!

I have really enjoyed the few challenges I have participated in, so today I set out to combine the colour challenge and the sketch challenge from Splitcoast Stampers for this week. The colours for colour challenge 207 are pumpkin pie, summer sun and kiwi kiss (or old olive). The sketch for challenge 217 is to the left. I must say it was quite the challenge for me to try and incorporate both into my card, but after a great deal of time (and deliberation), here's what I came up with:

I'm not sure how I feel about this card. I was thinking of using it for my sister-in-law's birthday in March, but I couldn't figure out how to put sentiment on it. I feel that it is a little too plain, but I don't have ribbon in any of those colours, so I didn't know what else I could add... suggestions are ALWAYS welcome! The colours for my picture are off because the brads really do match the summer sun paper. Oh well!

Here's what I did on the inside:

Edited to Add: Now that I have looked at this card for a bit, I decided to add a sentiment. What do you think? I think if I was to try this card again, I would have used four brads (two on each side) on the pumpkin pie instead of in the corner.


Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Kiwi Kiss Textured; Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Velum, Whisper White
SU Designer Paper - Kiwi Kiss
Ink - StazOn Black , VersaFine Black Onyx
Stamps - In Full Bloom by Staming Up, Mixed Messages by Papertrey Ink
Accessories - 1" Punch, Summer Sun Brads from
Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts. Stamp-A-Ma-Jig; Paper Piercer, Mat Pack. SU Markers in Summer Sun and Old Olive

Measurements
Base - 4 1/4" by 5 1/2
Summer Sun - 3 3/4" by 5
Kiwi Kiss - 3 3/8" by 5 3/8
Velum - 4 1/4" by 1 3/4
Pumpkin Pie - 4 1/4" by 1 3/8
Whisper White Circle - 3/4
Pumpkin Pie Circle 7/8" using my Cricut and the trial version of Cricut Design Studio

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it...I agree with the location of the brads being on the pumpkin pie vs. the corner.
Cheers,
E