Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thinking of You Flowers


Kim's card was my inspiration for this card. Sometimes I feel guilty for always piggybacking off of somebody else's cards, but at this point in time, that is where I am most comfortable. I am truly in awe of all the beautiful cards out that I see and wish I had the creativity to come with creations that are 100% my own. It is enough for my brain to figure out how I can recreate a card using the supplies that I have.

I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software to make the flowers and the scallop. They are similar to Stampin' Up's Flower Layers and Flower Layers #3 dies. I'm not madly in love with this card. I think it is because the outer layer of the flower does not have uniform petals, which makes me think it looks like it was cut by hand or by a child! Which is silly because real flowers don't have perfect petals, but I guess I like them perfect on my cards.
Thanks for looking,
Kim

Card Stock - PTI - Stamper's Select White, SU - Bashful Blue, Rose Red, So Saffron, Old Olive
SU Designer Paper - Junior Varsity
Ink - SU - Old Olive, VersaMark
Stamps - PTI -
Faux Ribbon
Accessories - Elmer's Sticky Jewels, Brads in Bashful Blue, Rose Red and So Saffron from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts

0 comments: