Thursday, July 09, 2009

17th Birthday

My daughter's seventeenth birthday is next week... I can't believe she's that old! I asked her what colour she wanted for her birthday card and she said bright green. Immediately my brain went to this card that was created by redbuggydriver for the Sketch Challenge 235 on Splitcoaststampers. I kept the colours of redbuggydriver's card and the layout. I just used the flower punch I had and used turquoise flowers on green squares and green flowers on turquoise squares, which is opposite from what she did. I made my card 5 1/2" square, which must be a bit bigger than redbuggydriver's as my diamond doesn't overlap the other squares. I think my daughter is going to like it!

Thanks for looking,
Kim

Card Stock - PTI - Stamper's Select White, SU Tempting Turquoise, SU Green Galore, SU Basic Black
Ink - VersaFine Black Onyx
Stamps - PTI - Mixed Messages
Accessories - Brads from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts, Stampin Dimensionals, SU Spring Bouquet Punch (Retired)
Black Square - 1.37"
Coloured Square - 1
Circle - 1"

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kim:
I love this card and was trying to come up with a unique card for an 80th birthday party. That's when I remembered your fabulous card for Kaylee. I used vellum "Beautiful Wings" embossed butterflies instead of the flowers/brads...I love it. Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Jennifer