Monday, August 24, 2009

18th Birthday

I'm really proud of this card because it is 100% my own design. Almost all the cards that I have made have been inspired by cards created by somebody else. Sometimes they are a complete CASE and other times I add my own twist to the idea. This time, I came up with my own. I don't think the picture really does this one justice... I have got to get my cards sooner than I need them so I have time to make sure my pictures are good before I give them away!
I really wanted to have the number 18 on the card so that is where I started. My friend, Erin had given me a sheet of Hand Drawn Designer Series Paper so that is where the colour selection came from. I cut the scalloped square with my Cricut using the Mini-Monograms cartridge and the 18 was cut using the Sure Cuts A Lot software with the Arial Black font.

On the inside I used some word art by Bethany. She has lots of word art available on her blog and gives away a new one each day... she's definitely worth having on your Google Reader!

Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Baja Breeze Textured, Basic Gray, Old Olive
SU Designer Paper - Hand Drawn
Accessories - Corner Rounder Punch, Riding Hood Red Striped Ribbon, Dimensionals

0 comments: