Saturday, August 28, 2010

Butterfly Birthday

Thank you to Alison for the inspiration for this card I have created for my dear friend, Sylvia.  We have been friends for 30 years, but haven't lived in the same province for more than 25!

I made the butterflies using the free program, Inkscape to create SVG files of the SU Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Dies.  Then I cut them out using my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software.  I picked up the label svg from Maria's blog.  I love using the Cricut and SCAL software for this type of thing because I can play with the size of the shape on the screen to get it just right - like I did for the frame of the label.

Thanks for looking,
Kim

Card Stock - SU - Rich Razzleberry and PTI - Stamper's Select White
SU Designer Paper - Cottage Wall
SU Ink - Basic Black
SU Stamps - Short & Sweet
Accessories - Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Cricut, Sure Cuts A Lot software, Martha Stewart Clear Gem Stickers, pin from my sewing drawer, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is just simply beautiful!!!! So clean and simple - and yet, so elegant. Very pretty.
Lynn