Monday, October 04, 2010

Autumn Masculine Birthday

When I stopped by Splitcoast Stampers yesterday morning to post a card, Ravengirl's card jumped out at me!  I just LOVE the simplicity of it.  Of course, I only own two leaf stamps and I don't have a "Happy Birthday" stamp as large as the one she used so I had to get a little creative.  I printed the Happy Birthday sentiment in Microsoft Word using text boxes so I could get the "Happy" right on top of "Birthday".  I used one of my favourite fonts - Century Gothic.  The rest of the design of the card was also inspired by Ravengirl's card.  On first my look at her card, I thought the white was mounted on coloured card stock.  I later realized that it is actually a coloured background for the picture!  Which is great for me because that means I didn't CASE the card as much as I used it for a starting point for creating my own ;) !  You know what they say, "Imitation is the sincerest flattery!"... hopefully others feel the same way!

Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
SU Ink - Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Old Olive
SU Stamps - Lovely as a Tree
Accessories - Corner Rounder, Jute

0 comments: