Monday, August 08, 2011

Doodle That Heart


There are so many things that I like about Paula's card which was the inspiration for my card.  I like the clean and simple layout, the layer of embossed paper on top of the same colour.  I also like the white behind the scalloped green.  I think this is the way the stamp is so I decided to recreate the look with paper. 

I don't own that stamp set, so I created my version using a different stamp set.  Once again my trusty Cricut came in handy to create the scallop circles and the circle.  It is so nice to be able to make whatever size I wish!  It allowed me to create the same look that Paula achieved with a stamp.  I like how my colouring turned out on the heart.  I used some marker ink scribbled on a plastic lid and then picked up and coloured with my blender pen. 

I was going to keep my card just like Paula's, but the more I looked at mine, the more I felt like it was missing something.  I decided to add the "ribbon" of stamped heats.

Thanks for looking,
Kim
SU Card Stock - Lovely Lilac, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
SU Ink - Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac (on the dots beside the heart, you can barely see it!)
Stamps - SU - Doodle That, PTI - Around & About
Accessories - Foam Tape, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, corner rounder, Cricut, SCAL software, Martha Stewart clear gem sticker


Mom and Tom

0 comments: