Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Happiness Always

I love, love, love this card by Heather!  While my card is a very close case of hers, just a change of the stamp sets used, I am still quite proud of it as it took quite a bit of effort to get this final result.  First I had to practise my brayering.  A couple of things that helped me was I inked up the Certainly Celery and then used a tissue to wipe a bit off of the top of the Certainly Celery strip near the middle of the brayer.  Then I inked on the Tempting Turquoise and also wiped a bit of it off at the middle of the brayer.  I also ran the brayer on scrap paper a couple of time to soften it a bit before I put it on my card stock.  I created my oval template using my Cricut (Man, I love that machine!).  I used some two way glue around the edge of the oval to temporarily hold down the oval... just make sure the glue dries before you put the template on your card stock.

I don't own the Upsy Daisy stamping set, so I've been using this Hero Arts one in its place.  Most of the time it works, but I'm not thrilled at how the flowers are cut off at the bottom of the image on the card.  Since it took me MULTIPLE tries to get the brayered oval and then MULTIPLE tries to get a clean stamp of the flowers, I'm going to accept this not quite perfect sample.  I read that Heather also had a tough time getting a good stamped imaged and I did too with this stamp.  What ended up working best for me was putting the card stock on top of the stamp and pressing it into the stamp.

Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink - VersaFine - Onyx Black, SU - Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery
Stamps - Hero ArtsS5033, Whimsical Words

Gord and Ali

1 comments:

Heather T said...

Your card is superb, Kim. I especially like the way the flowers are off centre but balanced by the sentiment.
Thanks for your encouragement.