Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy First Birthday

I needed to make a card for my great niece, Anya's first birthday and I was inspired by Jo's card. I don't own the the So Swirly Jumbo Wheel (or any wheels) but once again it reminded me of designer paper.

Originally, I wanted to put Anya's name like it says baby on Jo's card, but that didn't work out so I decided to switch the star to a "one" to personalize the card a bit. I think a large scallop would look better on the bottom of the Regal Rose paper, but I don't own the Scallop Border punch and I'm having issues with the Cricut Design Studio so I didn't want to fiddle with that.

I think that the designer paper is the best deal if you don't own a lot of stamping stuff, especially if you can get in on a paper share. It gives you lots of variety and you don't need a lot of paper to create a cute card. Here's the above card without the "one". I think it would make a nice note card, or you could add a sentiment on the bottom to use for a birthday card.
Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Pink Pirouette Textured C/S, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie,
SU Designer Paper - Sweet Always
Accessories - Fiskars Mini Scallop scissors; Cricut to cut 2" RD size Regal Rose scallop circle, 1 1/2" RD Pink Pirouette scalloped circle, 1 1/2" RD One from Mini Monograms; paper piecing tool, SU Mat Pack; ribbon from Wal-Mart?; Stampin Dimensionals

0 comments: