Sunday, May 17, 2009

Get Well Butterfly

I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software again to create this slightly smaller Carousel Note card from Pink Pirouette textured cards stock. (See this post for an explanation of why it is smaller.) I tried to put something on the right hand side so it would be balanced out, but it just didn't look right, so I put three brads on the inside. It works pretty well, just leans slightly to the left when sitting on a table.


I also used the software to create the butterflies. I learned that when I'm cutting paper with my Cricut, I need the blade depth to be at 4 and the pressure at 4 as well so the paper doesn't tear.

Sometime earlier this week I saw butterflies made with the beads for a body on one of the blogs that I follow. I can't remember which blog and I checked them all trying to find it... maybe I saw it on Splitcoast Stampers. I remember looking at the loop at the bottom, but I couldn't remember what the top looked like. After searching my Google Reader list, I decided to just use Google to search the Internet and I found Lori's site . I like how she made her antennas so I copied hers.
I'm sending this card off to my sister-in-law who just had surgery on Thursday. Hopefully it will brighten her day.


Thanks for looking,
Kim

SU Card Stock - Pink Pirouette Textured Card Stock
SU Designer Paper - Georgia Peach, Sweet Always
Ink - VersaFine Black Onyx
Stamp -
PTI - Faux Ribbon
Accessories - beads and wire from my daughter's craft drawer, flower eyelets from a dollar store

0 comments: