Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mister Snowman

Snowmen are a favourite of mine... who doesn't love something so rolly polly? I made this card for a friend of mine who always gives me snowman decorations for Christmas. The SVG file I used to make Mister Snowman is from My Snowman Collection at myscrapchick.com.
I started out with plans to make the card the snowman shape rather than an embellishment on a card. Unfortunately, I goofed and just duplicated the body and welded the bodies together. I should have flipped one of the bodies over before I welded the two together. Oh well, next time! this card was quite easy to put together - not too tiny of pieces. I don't know why the set comes with another circle to use on the head. I didn't use it nor did I use the mitts, button or eyes. (It's easier to draw on the tiny pieces)


The background for the card is from my scrapdrawer. A couple of years ago I was making my daughter's confirmation card. This piece had a smudge on it so I didn't use it for my daughter's card, but the snowman covered it so it works for this card! I think the swirls give it a wintry feel.

Thanks for looking,
Kim

Card Stock - PTI Stamper's Select White, SU Old Olive, SU Rich Raspberry, SU Pale Plum, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
SU Designer Paper - Cottage Wall

Ink - VersaMark
SU Stamp - French Flair
Accessories - Cricut,
SCAL Software, SU Basic Black Marker, SU Silver Embossing Powder

0 comments: