Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Tiny Paper Roses

I have been reading Julie's blog for years.  When I saw her tutorial for mini paper roses, I decided to give it a try.  They were incredibly easy and oh, so cute!  I don't have the punches that she uses, but once again SCAL and my Cricut came to the rescue.  I cut the flowers out at 0.5" and the "leaves" at 0.6".  If anybody would like the svg files, just e-mail me and I'll send them your way.

When I was finished, I had these three darling little roses, but no idea how I would use them as they don't really suit my style of card-making.  Plus most of the cards I create are CASEd from someone! ;-) After a bit of fiddling, I came up with this card, which I think suits my style.  The card reminds me of the wedding invitations that I created for my mom three years ago. 

Thanks for looking,
Kim

Card Stock - PTI - Stamper's Select White for base; SU- Regal Rose, Old Olive, Whisper White
SU Ink - Old Olive
PTI Stamp - Signature Greetings
Accessories - Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder

Judy

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Gorgeous card. Those paper roses are simply beautiful. TFS! Going to check out the tutorial now.

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Wow, I love the simplicity and elegance this card holds! Just beautiful!

Inky hugs, Pauline